At Signs for Success we pride ourselves on “Quick Turns, Perfect Color and Outstanding Customer Service!” Recently, we got a call from Emily Galen at Boston Barricade in Florida who needed a “Quick Turn” on mall wall wraps in time for the Thanksgiving Shopping Weekend. Their client Francesca’s was opening a new store at River Park Square in downtown Spokane, WA.
Use mall wall wraps to make a building remodel site more attractive and to advertise for the new tenant.
The construction barricade had been installed but the wall wraps needed to be printed and installed in less than 24 hours. Whenever possible we want to measure before we print to make sure the files the client is supplying will fit the space. The call came in mid-afternoon, and we were able to get to the mall at 5:00pm to take measurements, which in this case averted problems since the client did not have accurate measurements of the barricade.
The scramble was then on to get the art re-sent with the corrected measurements. Signs for Success designer Vanessa Bogensberger was able to work with Christopher Hayden, Manager of Graphic Services at Boston Barricade to facilitate getting the print files pushed to production that evening. “I was checking the files and pushing them through as quickly as Christopher could upload them,” Vanessa said. “All told it was 457 megs of graphic files which worked into a production file of 22 panels that were 52″ wide and 72” tall. The total graphic area was 6′ tall by over 100′ long.” Despite the challenges of such a short deadline coupled with changes to artwork and a 3-hour time difference, we had the job printing by 7:00pm.
The printing took just over four hours, and was done by 11:30pm that evening, ready for the install team the next morning. We printed graphics on 3M adhesive vinyl. The adhesive is removable which means when the store is ready to open the graphics can be removed and the barricade panels disassembled and ready to ship to the next location. This reuse of the barricades minimizes expense to the client and reduces waste in the landfill.
If you have walls that need a commercial message or you just want to create your own personal wall, Signs for Success has a variety of solutions and the technical know-how to help you turn any wall into a billboard or work of art. Signs for Success is a locally owned family business in Spokane with a large production facility that allows us to design, print and install everything in-house. Get quality service and a quick turnaround on wall wraps; contact us for a free quote today!
Elevator wraps Spokane offer huge impact for any business, product or message. They’re still relatively new and unique. People’s eyes may pass over a wall sign without noticing much, but an elevator sign is more likely to get someone’s attention. Pair its uniqueness with the fact that people will spend time both waiting for an elevator and inside an elevator, a vinyl wrap on either side of elevator doors makes for great advertising.
Research shows elevator wraps generate a 96% recall rate. This may be due to the extra time one might spend in front of the ad as well as the lack of distractions within an elevator. An elevator wrap campaign is effective in a number of situations: in malls and office buildings, hotels and airports, universities and hospitals. Anywhere you can expect a lot of, and varied, foot traffic is a great opportunity for an elevator wrap advertisement.
Elevator doors vary in height and width, but you can expect somewhere around 4’ x 8’ worth of advertising space. This valuable space can be used to showcase a product, an event, an award, or a charity or fundraiser. This elevator wrap at Spokane Valley Hospital directs viewers to the Joint Restoration Center’s website. Changing out signage periodically will draw more interest. By using self-adhesive vinyl with a releasable adhesive, you can easily remove an elevator wrap without leaving any residue behind. Simply install the next wrap and enjoy.
If you have elevator space, an elevator wrap is an excellent way to utilize the space you already have. In addition to using an elevator wrap for your own advertising space, you could sell the space, creating sponsor revenue. The higher the elevator foot traffic, the easier it will be to secure advertisers to purchase the space. As always, our experienced design team can help create an eye-catching design for your vinyl wrap. Contact us for a free quote on elevator wraps Spokane today!
All our color change wraps are done with Avery Supreme Wrapping Film, and we stock several colors including Matte Black vinyl. We love Avery’s color change wrap film for several reasons, including how great it looks when it’s installed on a vehicle. These four reasons sum up why color change wraps are also incredibly easy to install with Avery’s color change wrap film.
It’s thin. Avery Supreme Wrapping Film is thinner than many other high-performance vinyl films, so we can use less heat when installing it. “Using less heat prevents over-stretching of the film, which compromises the adhesive. The adhesive doesn’t get as good contact with the vehicle, and it can also create visual defects in the vinyl,” Signs for Success certified installer Chris Komski explained.
- It comes pre-laminated. Lamination protects the color from UV ray and other wear and tear which can cause fading over time. “It’s already laminated so that saves us time,” Chris noted. As with any business, time is money.
- Air-release channels make install easy. On the back of the vinyl, you can see tiny little hexagons whose outlines form air-release channels throughout the material. During installation, smoothing the vinyl out over contours is simple because “you can push any air bubbles out through the network of channels,” Rich said. Most other wrap vinyl requires smoothing carefully over the vinyl several times before all the air bubbles can be pushed out the edges of the material.
Finally, it’s less aggressive, “aggressive” meaning how tacky the vinyl adhesive is. Less aggressive adhesive makes installation much easier since material can be repositioned if necessary throughout the process. Post heating the material once the placement is perfect ensures a permanent hold. When installing the matte black vinyl for John’s truck wrap, “we exposed the whole back and were able to move it around to adjust the placement. With [other car wrap vinyls], we wouldn’t have been able to do that,” Chris explained.
Avery’s wrapping film is a high-quality and install-friendly vinyl to work with, and we are excited to continue using it. Contact us for more information on color change wraps, or to get a free quote on a color change wrap Spokane!
Designer Will Oakley was able to put both his design and his photography skills to use in this custom van wrap design for Habitat for Humanity. He worked through four different designs before the final effect was achieved.
Perhaps the most distinctive portion of the design is the back of the van. The wrap features an open door with several labeled items you might find in a donation van. A creative way to showcase their services, this image was generated from a photograph of the inside of an actual Habitat for Humanity van.
Everyone was excited to get this job going, even though several rainy, snowy, or cloudy days often prevented getting the perfect shot. With patience and perseverance, and about 100 camera shots down the line, the perfect shot was merged with the perfect design. Will used a Nikon D60 camera for the photography, and Adobe Photoshop and Flexi Designer programs to set up this design.
Installation went smoothly at the Signs for Success install facility where, luckily, weather is not a factor. “The picture on the back makes you look twice. At first glance, it looks like the door’s open and all the donated product is going to fall out on you, but it’s just a picture,” installer Rich Wilke said. The sides of the van give vital information like the organization’s name, phone number, address, “open to the public,” and “free pick-up service.” QR codes give a quick link to Habitat for Humanity’s Spokane store website. The final effect is an eye-catching, informative, yet artful van wrap design. Contact Signs for Success for a free quote on your custom van wrap!
Self Adhesive Vinyl (SAV) is an excellent medium that can be used to get your message on virtually any surface. It can be used to create dry erase boards, vehicle wraps, floor graphics, and more. Starting with vinyl wall wraps, here are 10 modern vinyl applications, the type of vinyl we recommend, and why:
Brick Wall Wrap- We use 8624 Textured Vinyl with laminate to apply to brick or cinder blocks. This vinyl is perfect for rough textures and porous surfaces. The finished product looks like it’s painted on the surface. Textured vinyl has a releasable adhesive, making removal is easy with no adhesive residue left behind. This is a truly amazing graphics film.
- Backlit Sign Graphics- Use Translucent Vinyl for backlit signs. It adheres to clear Lexan, acrylic or a similar surface and lets light through, illuminating the printed graphics. Translucent vinyl is also available in spot colors.
- Reflective Signs- Use Reflective Vinyl for safety signs, emergency vehicles, or anywhere else signage needs to be illuminated in low light. Most projects require Engineer Grade Reflective Vinyl, but we also have different levels of Diamond Grade reflective vinyl available.
Reusable Fabric Stickers- Use PT Changeable Vinyl, a washable vinyl fabric. PT Changeable vinyl can be re-adhered to any flat surface again and again. We find it’s especially useful in retail stores where products and layout change frequently. To wash these fabric decals, use isopropyl alcohol and rub clean.
- Decals for Auto Glass- Use Perforated Window Film with laminate to get large graphics on car windows without affecting visibility. Perforated Window Film, just like it sounds, has tiny holes cut out of the vinyl. Even though the image is really only half there, it is easily viewable from the outside, and from the inside, the driver and passengers can see right through the vinyl. There are different perforated window films to choose from with varying degrees of transparency.
- Temporary Decals- Use intermediate vinyl. There are several intermediate, or calendared, vinyl films to choose from. They are called calendared because they are rolled and flattened into shape. Intermediate vinyl tends to go back to its natural shape after 1-3 years, meaning you will begin to see curling up at the edges and even cracks through the middle as the material shrinks. It also tends to be a more aggressive vinyl, which can be difficult to work with, but that inconvenience is off-set by the cheaper price. Intermediate vinyl is perfect for temporary decals, including truck numbers that need to be updated frequently.
Vehicle Wrap- Use 3M Control Tac Vinyl or Avery Supreme Wrapping Film. These are both high performance vinyl films specifically designed for vehicle wraps and other long term wrap projects. These films fall under the category of “cast vinyl,” which is conformable and does not shrink over time. It is guaranteed to last 5-7 years, is outdoor-durable, and best of all, the releasable adhesive won’t leave any goo when it’s time to remove the vehicle wrap.
- Custom Dry Erase Board- Use Dry Erase Vinyl. It’s a clear vinyl that can be applied over a printed image, giving it dry erasability. For a really cool effect, apply dry erase vinyl to an entire wall or custom printed wallpaper to make a giant custom dry erase board.
- Window Decals- Use Clear Vinyl with a layer of white ink beneath the color to give the image translucence and not transparency. This will help the color really pop and give your custom decals a professional look.
- Blacktop Wrap–Use 6121 Street Vinyl for special use on blacktop or concrete. This is great for temporary outdoor floor graphics or sidewalk wraps. This vinyl is not releasable or conformable.
As you can see, we stock vinyl for every occasion. We strive for excellent customer service, which includes coming up with unique solutions to suit any sign project, timeline and budget. For vinyl wall wraps to vehicle wraps and everything in between, contact Signs for Success to get started on your custom vinyl project today!
Online Design Help
Vista Display Systems
- Retro Art Restoration: Recreating Pinball GlassMarch 18, 2015 - 1:38 pm
- Use School Signs to Raise MoneyApril 1, 2015 - 10:38 am
- Little Caesars Van Wraps Turn HeadsNovember 20, 2014 - 1:55 am
- Unique Restaurant Signs and Graphics for A Unique Resta...January 28, 2021 - 1:41 pm
- Van Wrap Makeover: Food Services of AmericaNovember 20, 2014 - 2:40 pm
- Unique Restaurant Signs and Graphics for A Unique Resta...January 28, 2021 - 1:41 pm
- Window Wraps For AdvertisingJanuary 9, 2021 - 10:35 am
- Mesh Stage Banners at the Riverfront Park PavilionJanuary 7, 2021 - 12:07 pm
- Multi-Color Custom Logo Lobby SignsJanuary 5, 2021 - 11:54 am
- Lighted Lobby Signs Add ProfessionalismDecember 28, 2020 - 11:40 am
- You may quote a couple of our posts as long as you do credit...May 12, 2015 - 6:28 am by Vanessa Bogensberger
- Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as...May 10, 2015 - 1:55 pm by minecraft games free
- This site was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have...April 28, 2015 - 2:15 pm by worcester control valves
- This is impressive! Isn't it always nice to have challenges...April 6, 2015 - 8:23 pm by AWARE | Asbestos Removal Victoria
- Will did a phenomenal job on this one. It took a lot of...March 18, 2015 - 7:15 pm by Vanessa