6 Steps for Successful Concession Trailer Wraps
We love makeover projects, and some of the biggest transformations we have seen have come from concession trailer wraps. There is much work that goes into creating a great concession trailer wraps design from custom size and features to graphics that look great on the road as well as at the fair. Here are 5 steps to follow when creating successful concession trailer wraps.
1. Take Measurements and Photos. We have templates for many vehicle types, but no template is ever perfect, especially when it comes to a concession trailer. It’s very important to be able to see the actual vehicle and take exact measurements, in part, so that we can see where not to put text. We want to make sure that text and logos don’t run into the wheel wells or through handles. We take exact measurements for:
• Overall height
• Overall width
• Distance between a body line and edge of the vehicle
• Distance between any opening or other feature and edge of the vehicle
We also take photos of each side and the front and back of the vehicle. This makes it possible to set up our own template to perfectly match any vehicle.
2. Quote. After taking measurements, but before creating a custom template, we will be able to give a quote for the job. The biggest factors that go into a quote are:
• How much material will be used to achieve the design – is it a full wrap or a partial wrap?
• How much labor it will take to complete the project, from printing to lamination to installation. This greatly depends on how much material will be printed and installed.
With a deposit of at least 50% of the total price, we can begin the bulk of the design process.
3. Design. Getting back to the measurements and photos we took, we set up a vehicle template that’s an exact replica of your concession trailer. “Once we have the template made, we can make sure that critical pieces of the artwork – like text and pictures – don’t get cut off,” Signs for Success designer Vanessa Bogensberger said.With the newly created blank template just begging for some mouthwatering graphics, it’s time to get to the meat and potatoes of great concession trailer wraps – the design. When coming up with a concept for your concession trailer wrap, consider what makes a vehicle wrap design successful. The same design principles we recommend for a car or truck wrap – bold colors, simple text, large image – apply for concession trailer wraps as well. Here are some additional design tips:
• Use a large font for the only most important information, and place it high on the vehicle so people can see it from far away.
• If your wrap needs to showcase a menu, keep it small and to one area of the wrap. Customers can walk up to get a better look.
• Remember one large image looks better than several small ones.
• To keep graphics from fighting with text, you can put graphics in the background like we did with the large flag and fireworks on White’s All American Concessions trailer.
Signs for Success designers can work with you or your design team to help you come up with a successful wrap design. We first gather all the design components, including high-resolution logos, artwork, fonts, colors and desired wording. Then we will lay out the components over the template we have created to make sure we are maximizing the usable space. We will submit proofs for your approval, and we will be happy to tweak the artwork until we get it just right.
If you are providing finished artwork, we will compare it to our template and measurements and make adjustments if needed. For wrap designs, we require at least six inches of bleed.
4. Run Test Prints. Getting color just right is very important to us, which is why “perfect color” is part of our motto. The RGB (Red Green Blue) color spectrum on the computer monitor produced with light is not going to be the same as that produced with the limitations of ink’s CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) color spectrum. We print with a 6 color machine that utilizes CMYK + Light Cyan and Light Magenta. Even though this gives us the opportunity to hit a very large color gamut, we want your approval on the final color. We want you to be satisfied with your investment every time a customer chooses your concession trailer.5. Print and Laminate. All the materials needed for an install come together. We print enough vinyl for complete coverage of the vehicle, Vanessa explained, “adding a little extra to the height and width, so that the install team has flexibility in being able to move the whole thing over, up, or down to best fit the area.” At Signs for Success, we print our own graphics here in our state-of-the-art production facility. We print on Avery Supreme Wrapping Film, a high performance conformable vinyl and cover it with satin or luster protective laminate. We find that it’s helpful to store each panel in the order they will be installed to be best prepared for the concession trailer wraps installation.6. Install the Concession Trailer Wrap. We begin the process by cleaning and prepping the trailer. This may include removing existing graphics and the adhesive associated with them. We ask that you thoroughly wash your concession trailer before bringing it to us so we can focus on detail cleaning the body & edges.
Wrapping a vehicle the size of a concession trailer with rivets, roll down windows, and other unique features is labor intensive. We will also need to remove vehicle components like lights, bumpers, mirrors, emblems, and light lenses to get the best results. Our installation team is trained, highly skilled, and efficient in vehicle wrapping techniques. Wrapping a concession trailer may take up to 50+ man hours, but we will notify you of the expected time frame before we begin based on the production schedule and your individual concession trailer wrap project.
These 6 steps are essential to creating a successful concession trailer wrap. If you have a vehicle wrap project in mind, the trained, experienced team at Signs for Success is ready to help you make it happen. Call us for a quote. We love to see the transformation and the huge impact a new concession trailer wrap can have for a business.