Download this pdf about installation, maintenance, care and storage of your vehicle magnet signs. Please call if you have questions or would like to order vehicle magnets.
Caring for your vehicle magnet takes a little time and TLC
This pdf will help you with:
- Washing the vehicle magnet
- Washing your car
- Storing your vehicle magnet
- Other care and concerns for your vehicle magnet
- Always clean the car magnet and the surface you are going to apply it to.
- A clean vehicle will prevent your magnet from slipping off your vehicle at high speeds.
- Wipe dry before applying.
- Custom car magnets can become stiff in cold conditions and may not properly grip your vehicle panels. Use caution when using your magnets in these conditions.
- Attach your magnet to a smooth metal surface that is flat as possible
- Affix one corner of the sign first, then allow the magnetic pull to attach the rest.
- Be sure the entire sign is flat against the surface with no air pockets.
- If you position your magnetic sign incorrectly, remove it and reattach. Do not pull the magnet across the surface as it could stretch and damage the sign.
- Do not attach your auto magnets over a ridge, trim or rust spot that would prevent the sign from laying flat.
- Make sure your car magnet signs are firmly affixed to the vehicle before driving.
Removing & Cleaning:
- When removing your magnetic car sign, be careful not to bend or crease the corners of your sign.
- Remove your car magnets periodically to check that they are still securely fastened and to clean if necessary.
- Avoid applying your auto magnets to horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight, such as car hoods.
- You can clean the surface of your custom magnet with a wet paper towel. Products like Windex can help with small smudges or stains.
- Make sure to completely dry your magnet after cleaning.
- Keep your vehicle magnets in a clean, dry place when not in use.
- Store your custom car magnets by stacking them on a flat surface, like a freezer or filing cabinet.
- Do not stack vehicle signs with the magnetic sides touching each other.
- Do not store heavy objects on top of or against your magnet signs.